Senior Sound Effects Designer – Spain
Interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Barcelona? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries.
Gameloft Barcelona, the studio behind the mobile gaming hits Despicable Me: Minion Rush and Asphalt 8, is hiring a Sound Effects Designer to join the Barcelona studio Development Team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working closely with Game Designers and Producers for a multitude of projects at Gameloft, the Sound Effects Designer is responsible for creating all the sound for upcoming games on platforms such as iPad, iPhone, PS Vita, PS3. This position is under the direct supervision of the Audio Director. There is no music composing in this role.
• Excellent knowledge of audio software compatible with the Windows platform: sequencers (Sonar, Cubase Ableton Live, Protools), audio editors (Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition etc.). The ideal candidate must also have strong knowledge of popular VST plug-ins, necessary for audio editing and mixing.
• Thorough knowledge of technical constraints (audio optimization, memory, etc.) linked to video game sound and sound format.
• Knowledge of audio engines used in the video game industry (FMod, Wwise).
• Capacity to create and edit original sounds, in the form of audio samples, sound synthesis, etc.
• Familiar with sound effect libraries available on the market (Sound Ideas, Hollywood Edge, and others);
• Capability to systematically and effectively manage large-scale databases (with more than 2000 sounds per game);
• Ability to produce original, high-quality sound effects quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Sound Design in the video game industry. Demos will be requested.
• A diploma in Sound Design is an asset.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have many years experience playing video games on consoles and have acquired a good understanding of current sound quality standards;
• Moreover, the ideal candidate should be a team player; have a strong sense of creativity, analysis and synthesis; be hard-working; have effective interpersonal skills; and have strong organizational skills;
• The ideal candidate must also be able to easily create and understand sound environments of video games.
Why work for Gameloft?
• Permanent contract, full-time job and Social Benefits.
• Career-development opportunities.
• An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company.
• Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games.
• Exceptional library of diverse games with broad distribution.
• An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
• Excellent local working conditions (quality of offices, geographical location of office in the centre of Barcelona).
. Motivating salary and a merit based pay system + Social Benefits