Graphic Artist, Retail FT (6539)
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. Our mission is inspiring people to discover the pleasure of food. If you’ve discovered your inner foodie, want to work in a vibrant food environment and enjoy sharing your zest for food with others, Market District could be your cup of tea.
840 W 3rd Avenue
Team Leader, Sr Visual Merch
Career Site Posting Option:
The Market District Retail Graphic Artist is responsible for executing, creating and maintaining graphic consistency within a Giant Eagle Market District location. Graphics include, but are not limited to: product tags, promotional signage, educational signage, pricing display signage, customer take-away collateral pieces, and support props. Graphics will be free-style and computer-generated at store level in addition to executing those corporately-generated. Additional responsibilities include supporting visual merchandising of in-store product displays to achieve a fresh market aesthetics. Visual Merchandising may include, but is not limited to: improve the overall look and feel of the store, provide display materials and input to develop thought-provoking displays that are interesting; using aspect of the design elements. Graphic Artist must also provide props, visual merchandising suggestions, and décor to help increase the sales for departments that ultimately serve to drive the stores profitability. Graphics and visual merchandising should support the Market District¿s mission to provide a total dynamic experience for our customers¿ display. Duties also include assist in working with Specialty Food Lead and Visual Merchandiser to implement the Monthly Merchandising Display Plan.
• Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
• Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow Team Members and customers.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
• Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques. Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
• Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
• Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
• Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a Passion for Food. Exhibit a true passion for people that provides a safe environment for Team Members and customers including a safe and clean environment that ensures health and OSHA requirements are met.
• Exhibit a true understanding of customer service that includes coaching staff members on how to satisfy customers’ needs.
• Schedule Team Members and direct and follow-up on work assignments given to Team Members.
• Establish processes and standards for managing supply costs.
• Accountability for the visual appearance and brand-consistency of all signage in the store. Ability to develop extremely creative, fresh, functional, appropriate, cost-effective signage, bringing to life the strategic direction led by the corporate Marketing Manager. Takes an active part in the recruitment and retention of the staff. Weekly/daily creation of signs, posters, tags, banners, and other promotional message vehicles as necessary/appropriate to allow customers to shop the store well. Act as the Market District on-site expert on visual communication and how to support/enhance visual merchandising with graphics and/or visual materials. Work well within all stages of the design process, from rapid idea generation through management of precise execution.
• Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Perform duties of staff as required.
• Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Survey and Team Member Point of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and/or procedures to address those issues.
• A self-starter: able to manage individual workflow working within the structure/schedule of the day-to-day (week-to-week) operations of a retail store. Responsible for the maintenance and inventory of Graphic/Visual Merchandising “tools” in their designated departments. Attend and participate in the monthly graphic/visual merchandising meetings. Assist Visual Merchandising Manager in developing and organizing the department’s objectives and increase its efficiency. Help develop graphic and visual merchandising resources for each of the stores. Assist in communicating with stores’ management team in implementing events, displays and overall decor.
• Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
• Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
Education and Training Required
• Bachelors Degree
• 1 to 3 years
• Experience designing for retail environments helpful
• Project management experience
• Visual merchandising skills
• Knowledge of Adobe In-Design, Macintosh OSX
• At least 18 years of age
• Customer Focused
• Gets Things Done
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem Solving
• Respect for Self and Others
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Builds High Performance Teams
• Communicate w/Courage & Impact
• Manages Team Execution
• Strategic Thinking & Planning
• Communication (verbal)
• Data Entry
• Carrying Up to 50 pounds
• Hearing (auditory)
• Lifting Up to 50 pounds
• Operating Equipment
• Repetitive Motion
• Sight or Peripheral Vision
• Telephone Usage
• Fax Machine
• Scanner/Graphic Design Equipment
• Cardboard Baler
• Label Gun
• Ordering Machine
• Plastic Baler
• Power jacks
• Safety Cutter
• Stanley Doors
• Trash compactor