Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ariad is one of the best places to work in Canada. In fact, we’ve been recognized for it four years in a row. It’s also growing like crazy, which is why we’re looking for a senior copywriter to join our team.
Is that you? Great! Before we sign the papers, here are some other characteristics we hope you have:
You’re passionate about storytelling. Whether it’s a banner, a script, DM, POS, or a large website build, you get that great copy needs to tell a story, and you make sure yours always does.
You’re a digital native. You understand the different channels and you’ve written to them all.
You’re collaborative. You love new challenges and excel at working in a collaborative environment with people from other departments, like technology, strategy, accounts, and project management.
You’re entrepreneurial. You’re passionate about building and are a natural leader. You have the maturity and vision to help develop and build this area of our growing business.
Aaaaand, here’s the fine print:
· Collaborate on, and contribute to, strategically-sound creative concepts and ideas (media neutral)
· Develop engaging copy and content that brings those ideas to life beautifully
· Demonstrate imagination, creative thinking and problem solving to meet our clients’ challenges
· Provide quality assurance of all creative and copywriting deliverables
· Foster a positive, cooperative environment with a diverse team (including editorial and freelance writers)
· Input to resource planning as the needs of the business grow
· Actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
· Deliver consistently in full and on time with little to no supervision
Required Skills & Experience:
· Exceptional concept development and proven ability to write compelling copy – for any channel or medium
· 6+ years of experience as a writer in an agency environment (or similar)
· A passion for conceptual design and the interplay between textual and visual elements
· Exceptional communication skills
· Ability to clearly and concisely articulate concepts to clients and team members
· Proven aptitude for quick thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
· Ability to objectively defend work as well as handle critique and spirited sparring discussions
· Financial experience considered an assset
Required software knowledge:
· A solid understanding of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Creative Suite CS4 or higher (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
Note: This is a Permanent Full-Time role.
Be sure to include a link to your URL with your application. Thanks for your interest in working at Ariad!