Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates
We are StartJG, The Multi-Channel Brand Agency™
Transforming brands in a multi-channel world.
We’re an independent, integrated creative agency specialising in brand, environment and interaction design.
Our multi-skilled team has expertise in traditional channels and pioneering new technologies, and includes creatives, designers, writers, strategists, programmers, producers and project managers – some of the best in the industry.
Founded in January 1996 and with offices in London, Dubai and Hong Kong, Start JG produces award winning and commercial successful work for adidas, Air Asia, BBC, Bentley, Barclays, Dubai Airports, Fred Perry, Jumeirah, MTS, P&G and Virgin.
We’re looking for a seasoned, ambitious and forward-thinking copywriter for our team. You will be the person who is responsible for aligning creative work with copy that ensures consistent strategy, voice, and message. The Copywriter is responsible for the overall copy, tone, and messaging of the work. This person possesses the ability to write in a variety of styles and for diverse audiences. They will take strategic direction from the Strategy Director, Creative Director’s and Client Services.
Responsible for brainstorming, creating and transforming ideas into words for a diverse portfolio of clients and media’s. You will package ideas into powerful messages by stringing the right words into the right form and length to capture attention and motive minds.
* Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of our clients’ branding and advertising initiatives
* Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
* Interact with strategy to understand business objectives and audience demographics.
* Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts.
* Establish editorial direction based on Brand voice & tone and ensures consistent messaging across all consumer touch points.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Excellent command of the English language. Expert writing skills, editing and proof reading abilities.
* Ability to write concise, attention grabbing and hard-hitting copy that puts the message across.
* Ensuring both concept and copy, answer the clients brief with the highest possible standard.
* Must be versatile and able to write snappy, concise headlines as well as long form body copy.
* Quick idea generation, ability to come up with ideas at a drop of a hat.
* Delivering within short time frames and meeting tight deadlines.
* Have the ability and experience to be creative, passionate, versatile and innovative while adhering to a client’s corporate brand guidelines.
Candidates should possess both a creative mind and pen, combined with the ability to take and absorb creative and strategic briefs. A passion for creative excellence is also a pre requisite as selected candidate will be heavily involved in idea and concept development.