Come and join the Futur!
The team behind the critically acclaimed Velocity series is looking for an experienced games artist to help create a brand new IP!
FuturLab is a small and friendly team based in Brighton, UK. We are looking for an experienced artist who is able to take direction from the game director and also able to mentor more junior staff.
FuturLab is in the unique position of having complete creative control of its own IP, therefore this position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to, and will enjoy seeing their own work highly visible within a finished product. We are looking for someone who has a strong background in creating environments. This position will not suit a character artist.
You will work closely with the game director to develop game aesthetics, and then carry them throughout the whole production cycle; from initial concepts through to the production of varied in-game assets, UI and into product launch with the creation of merchandise artwork and storefront visuals.
You will easily acknowledge the colourful, stylish and futuristic in-house style we’ve established, and help develop a distinctive and unique style for the new IP that sits comfortably within our portfolio.
• At least 3 years games industry experience.
• At least 1 shipped product.
• Excellent 2D environment and concept art skills.
• Excellent illustrative skills.
• 3D asset creation and animation skills beneficial.
• Lighting and rendering skills a plus.
• UI design skills a plus.
• Ability to effectively itemise tasks and assign realistic time scales to them.
• Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
• Working knowledge of Agile Development/Hansoft a plus.
• Able to take creative direction.
• Working closely with the game director to create benchmark pieces to define the look and feel for all future games.
• Required to turn your hand to all visual aspects of a game be it game assets, cut scenes, particles, animation, level dressing etc.
• Creating art assets to be used in the game.
• Ensuring that all game artwork is produced to the highest possible quality.
• Mentoring other artists.
• Working with the producer to schedule art tasks.
• Define any art processes and pipelines to be implemented.
If you have the skills, experience and passion for games then please get in touch as we’d love to hear from you!
Email your latest CV and a cover letter along with your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your portfolio includes examples of your illustrative skills as well as a passion for the sci-fi genre – portfolios without these examples will not be considered.
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a VALID WORKING VISA to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
SALARY: Competitive + performance related bonus.
Candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered.